All Swims Policies and procedures.
- Swimmers must complete the booking form, Places are booked on a first come first served basis. (limited places available)
- Bookings are only accepted if accompanied by a deposit of £50 to secure your child’s place.
- Payment is due before the start of the term or on the first day of the start of the new term.
- We are happy to arrange other payment options if you are having difficulties in paying the full term in advance or deposit. Please contact All Swims to discuss.
- Swimmers are charged on a termly basis, based on the number of lessons per term. (Terms last 12-13 weeks)
- We accept all major credit cards and debit cards, cheque, cash and PayPal.
- All Swims we reserve the right to obtain payment for places reserved by those regardless of attendance.
- Swimmers joining a lesson mid-term will be charged on a pro-rata basis for that term based on the number of lessons remaining.
- Swimmers cancelling after the 6th lesson of the term will be charged the full term (normally 12-13 lessons per term).
- Swimmers unable to attend a lesson due to illness or other reasons will not be refunded or rebooked unless the lesson is cancelled by All Swims.
CANCELLATION BY MEMBER
- All cancellations must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the first date of the start of term. Failure to give one weeks notice will result in full charges for first two lessons.
- Swimmers cancelling after the 6th lesson of the term will be charged the full term (normally 12/13 lessons per term).
- Swimmers on leave for an extended period of time may chose to cancel, but the place will not be reserved. Full charges will apply to reserve places during member absence.
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS BY THE POOL All Swims
- All Swims may cancel lessons without notice in the event of pool closure. This procedure is for safety reasons and is out of the control of All Swims. Alternative days or pools will be provided.
- To enable us to contact you, please ensure that all contact details are accurate when completing your registration on the booking form. Please call 07788 830889 0r email email@example.com if you have changes to your details.
- Swimmers unable to attend a lesson due to illness must advise All Swims at least one hour in advance (phone or email). Lessons will not be refunded or rebooked unless a medical certificate is presented with 72hours. To avoid full charges applying, the certificate must be received by email, or in person, within a 72hrs of the original lesson.
Whilst effort is made to provide consistent teachers, please be aware that teachers may change without notice.
Our listed lesson numbers are projected target figures and cannot always be guaranteed. If a teacher is absent, classes may be joined together where it is considered appropriate.
For safety reasons Instructors must not be distracted by parents during lessons, please call or email any concerns.
All out teachers are qualified to Swim England Level 2 and above. All are DBS checked and also undergo continuous professional development.
Parents are not permitted on poolside, but may remain in the viewing gallery to watch. Often young swimmers find it distracting to have parents watching and some consideration should be put towards this.
All Swims recommends that each swimmer bring: swim goggles, tight fitting swim wear and a swim hat or hair tied back. Swim goggles are highly recommended!
Swimmers should assemble at the shallow end of the pool on the benches. From there they will be escorted by the teacher to the appropriate place depending on what lesson they are in before their lesson begins.
All swimmers must go to the toilet before entering the pool.
- It is our policy for Mums to only go into Women’s changing rooms with their daughters or sons, and for Dad’s to go only into Men’s changing rooms with their daughters and sons. Thank you.
- Waverley pool is a 15 x 10m pool. Its average temperature is 29C. The shallow end is 0.8 meters deep and the deep end is 1.5 meters deep.
- Separate boys and girls changing rooms.
Videos & Photography
This is a sensitive issue & we reserve the right NOT to allow the use of photographic equipment on the premises. If you would like us to ensure that cameras or mobiles are not used at all whilst your child is swimming.
If you are concerned at any time, that a parent or other spectator is talking photographs of the children in an inappropriate manner, please advise a member of our team immediately.
All Swims is committed to ensure that equity policies are followed throughout the operation of the lesson programme in accordance with the policies laid down by Swim England
- Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities & taking steps to remedy any issues. It’s about changing the culture & structure of sport – to make it available to all.
- We respect the rights, dignity & worth of every person & will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- All Swims customers, partners & staff have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour seriously & appropriately.
Disability and special needs
All Swims welcome anyone that wants to be part of our lesson programme & we will actively seek to find a way of integrating them. We will work closely to understand any specialist needs, taking any professional advice deemed appropriate & will do everything possible to provide a teacher with the relevant skills & experience to work with the children. We may need to restrict the number of cases of disability / special need in each class.
Child Welfare policies
The aim of All Swims School Child Protection Policy is to promote good practice:
- Providing children and young people with appropriate safety and protection whilst in the care of All Swims School
- Allow all involved to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues
As a Swim England swim School we are bound by the policies of the Swim England referred to in their Child Protection guidance “WAVEPOWER”. Full details can be found below.
If you have any questions regarding All Swims
Policies please contact us on 07788 830889.